FiberGuards are a great biodegradable alternative to plastic plant guards. Designed and made in New Zealand from natural pulp-fibre, coated with a durable food-safe moisture barrier. FiberGuards are designed to offer normal plant protection for up to 24 months before gradually degrading into the surrounding soil.
They’re manufactured using a tough recycled fibreboard that has excellent puncture resistant properties and high bursting strength. Fiberguards have a high ‘wet strength’ from their FDA compliant moisture barrier, helping them withstand damp environments.
A great option to protect plants against browsing animals, wind and herbicides.
- 100% Natural – no more plastics in the environment
- Suppresses Weeds – comes with latex-coated coir weed mat.
- Planting on a slope? Designed for easy placement on hillsides where necessary.
- Fast to install – installs in seconds with 2 bamboo stakes (included).
- Unobtrusive – natural brown colour blends into the landscape
- Compact – comes in handy lay-flat packs for easy transportation.
Sets include FiberGuard, 2x Bamboo Stakes & Coir Weedmat
FiberGuard’s rate of degradation is dependent on climate and site conditions. Removal of guards isn’t necessary as they biodegrade down to mulch. However, they can be removed or recycled if desired.
How does shipping work?
Our website will automatically calculate freight for smaller consignments. For bulkier orders, we’ll be back in touch to confirm a freight price. Check out our Shipping Information page for more info.