Privacy is important to us. This policy sets out what information we collect and how it is used.
1. The information we collect
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit this site, unless you choose to give it to us by completing an online form or registering for our newsletter. If you do choose to give us your personal details (such as your name, email address, telephone number etc) they will be able to be accessed by our staff only for the purposes for which you supplied it and/or so that we can better understand you and your interest in our services. We may also use your personal information to determine whether or not we will provide or continue to provide credit to you, and enforce any obligations you may have to us in respect of that credit.
2. While we do not collect personally identifiable information about you if you only visit our website, we do analyse non-identifiable web traffic data in order to help improve our website. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to any personally identifiable information that you may have provided. For more information about our analysis of non-identifiable information please refer to the Google Analytics section below.
3. Who we share this information with
We do not and will never disclose any personal information you provide to us to any outside parties without your permission, unless it is necessary for us to do so in order to carry out our service to you or otherwise as required by law. We may have to provide it to a credit or debt collection agency. However, we will do everything reasonably necessary to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure.
4. If information is provided to any credit or debt collection agency, they will hold that information on their systems and use it to provide their credit reporting service, including updating its credit reporting database and providing that information to other customers they have and you consent to that use and disclosure. We may request, and any person or organisation (including any credit or debt collection agencies) may provide, information about you to us, both now and in the future, for the purposes set out above and you consent to us seeking that information in the course of our business and disclosure of that information to us.
5. We will only disclose your personal information overseas if we have your consent. The information will only be transferred to a country which has comparable privacy laws to New Zealand and if we believe that the overseas agent will protect your information in a similar manner.
6. Privacy Breach
While we will strive to ensure that your information is always safe, the internet cannot always be trusted as a secure environment. In the unfortunate event of a privacy breach, we will as soon as practicable notify you or give a public notice, depending on what is appropriate and if permissible under New Zealand law.
Cookies are small files that a website can send to your computer which can be stored on your hard drive (persistent cookies) or in memory (session cookies). Cookies store information about your preferences on a particular website and can remain on your computer once you have exited from that website.
8. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics software to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our website. This service is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as number of page views, the number of visitors, time spent on our site, browser types, and common entry and exit points into and from the website.
All information is aggregated by Google Analytics and provided to us to help us better understand usage of our website – no individual visitors are identified. Google Analytics is a leader in the Internet industry and their systems have been adopted as an accepted website traffic measurement standard amongst major Internet sites. You can learn more about Google Analytics by visiting the following links.
9. Links to other websites
10. Newsletters and mailing lists
If you currently subscribe to our newsletter and you no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe by contacting us using the contact details at the bottom of this page or by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletter.
11. Accessing and updating your personal information
You acknowledge that the personal information will be held by us at our main trading address. You will provide us with correct information. It is up to you to ensure that the personal information you provide is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We are happy to provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you. If it is incorrect, please ask us to correct it by contacting us at the details provided at the bottom of this page.
If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving any correspondence from us, or would like your personally identifiable information removed from our database, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page and we will honour your request.
12.Transfer and storage of personal information
The website and Services may be supported by businesses that are outside of your country. If you are situated within the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the GDPR Addendum. This will outline how personal data is transferred from the EEA.
We are based in New Zealand and may access your personal information from New Zealand. New Zealand is recognised by the European Commission as a country that ensures an adequate level of data protection. This decision provides our basis for transferring personal information to New Zealand.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us storing your personal information on servers hosted by Southern Woods Nursery Limited and accessing your personal information from New Zealand. If your personal information is be stored on servers located in other countries, it will remain within our effective control at all times. The server host’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to us, and we’ve taken steps to ensure that our server hosts do not have access to, and use the necessary level of protection for, your personal information.
If you are not comfortable with your personal information being transferred to a server in another jurisdiction, you should not provide us with your personal information or use our website.
13. How to contact us
If you would like to know more about how we collect, record, store and use any personally identifiable information you provide to us, you are welcome to get in touch with our Privacy Officer using the details below.
Phone: 0800 800 352
Address: PO Box 16-148, Christchurch, 8441