When you place an online order with us, we have a couple of shipping options to choose from:
- Shipping to your door. The website will automatically calculate freight for smaller consignments, you’ll simply select Urban or Rural delivery.
- For bulkier orders, our sales team will be back in touch to confirm a freight price by return email. This email will contain your payment instructions/link.
- You can also collect from our nursery here in Christchurch. You can specify the date at checkout, we’ll be in touch to confirm this.
All online orders will be picked, packaged and sent directly from Southern Woods in Christchurch.
We freight plants from 4cm to 4m, our dispatch team are experts at getting trees around the country.
- We freight plants nationwide. Freight costs will vary, depending on where you live and the volume (m3) of your order. Please be aware that if you live in a rural area, it may be worth your while to have your order delivered to an urban location to save on costs. If the calculated cost looks a bit high, email the Sales team. We can look at other freighting options for you.
- Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery, particularly if you’re rural.
- Plants are a bit trickier to ship than iPads and t-shirts. They’re typically much bulkier and perishable, meaning it’s critical they arrive in a timely fashion. Some smaller consignments will fit on a courier, but we’ll often have to use larger carriers like Mainfreight & Toll.
- Orders to the Chatham Islands, Great Barrier Island and Stewart Island are possible by arrangement only. Email us for a quote.
- Occasionally, products listed are unavailable. We will contact you to offer an alternative, or give you the option of a refund.
- With perishable plants in particular, freight mishaps do occasionally happen. We rely on third parties for freight – typically Aramex, Mainfreight, Toll, TIL and a number of specialist plant carriers.
- If there are any problems with your consignment, we’ll do everything we can to fix them for you. Let us know as soon as possible, call 0800 800 352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.